xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The green national parks--Mountains in there somewhere

Friday, August 2, 2019

A Grand Circle of Ice







I took this sunrise sequence on Lake Avenue in Pasadena this morning, with coffee at McDonalds.  Why would anyone want to leave beautiful Pasadena?  If this sunrise were all I could possibly see of a distant and enticing wild, it would suffice.  I would need no more.  











In this brightening sky, with trees, mountains and truths to possibly learn, comes a need to explore.  Perhaps I’ve seen too many exotic things.  Maybe I am too accustomed to beauty so close at home.  












If this bird, perhaps also enjoying the sunrise, were the only other life I could ever see, I would study, admire, and be amazed, as I am now, but how much more!  So many wonders I gloss over.  












Horsetail clouds might be called birdfeather clouds, for lack of horses.  














I don’t know if I’ll be amazed, bored, frightened or dead on this trip, But the ice on Mt. Olympus is worth a try, and the bicycling days around it promise a mix of solitude and new friends. 














Today, I might have I learned that clouds are part of wind, if I had no books, no internet, no Caltech lectures.  











The red dot shows where
 the sun rose two weeks ago.




The top edge of the sun appeared on the horizon this morning.  It rose farther south than  two weeks ago, and half an hour later.   Still six weeks off, this trip will come with short days and different weather.



13 comments:

  1. So happy you are planning another adventure. I am heading south to LA mid October so we may cross paths

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I might miss you, Peggy. I will return in Late October, so maybe it will work.

      Delete
  2. Dear Sharon,
    So thrilled for you as you begin another adventure roaming the West and Northwest. Your vagabond soul invites you to explore, in search of the natural, non-urban world. I will watch your journey with anticipation and deeply held good wishes. Take care my friend. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you, Kathy. We're both explorers, in different ways, going where no one has gone before.

      Delete
  3. hello desr Sharon here we are on a tiny adventure to a new place for us, Salt Lake City.. and from here looking at your future adventure from four directions...from here (SLC) and there (Pasadena) and from my computer and cell phone! All show your adventurous spirit. I like that you could be satisfied
    if you had to be, with the bird watching sunrise... as that is me for a while ...

    looking at you
    from four directions
    the distance in your eyes

    See you soon! Love, Kathabela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for four directions of looking. Our four eyes do look far.

      Delete
  4. Bon voyage cher Sharon. As always, tagging along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love following your journeys. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely sunset pictures. May you be blessed on this your latest adventure. Mary J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, I rails a cup of wine to you here in Motel6 .

      Delete
    2. Sharon,
      Thank you for the inspiration. I enjoy your lovely, reverant thoughts and breath taking photographs. A solitary woman on a quest, just because she can. We cheer you on dearest. Buena Suerta dear friend. Kathy

      Delete